Carepods are comfortable, single-level modular dwellings for the elderly, disabled or infirm. Placed in the garden space of property belonging to a family member or carer, they are the modern-day equivalent of a ‘Granny Annexe’.
The Carepod modular-construction concept provides a viable alternative to caring for elderly, disabled or vulnerable people in their own homes, in the home of a family member, sheltered housing or in council or privately-run residential care homes.
Carepods are high-specification and high-quality, but are very affordable, being specifically designed as a practical solution to providing respectful, competent care without the need to exhaust savings and assets.
Benefits of taking the Carepods route:
- They provide comfortable, custom-finished, single-level accommodation for those who value the independence and private space that a care home cannot provide
- Their close proximity allows convenient social interaction, support, healthcare and mutual peace of mind, assisted by non-intrusive remote monitoring and support technology
- They are very cost-effective in avoiding the erosion of a person’s savings and assets through ongoing, non-reclaimable care costs
- Carepods can be planned, factory-built in a controlled, rain and frost-free environment and modules installed on-site, ready for occupation in a fraction of the time of a brick-built building
- Their installation usually involves the minimum of disruption and groundworks, with any remedial landscaping – turfing, decking, paving, pathways etc – being carried out prior to occupation
- Carepods are available in various floor-plans and sizes, using inter-connectable modules, and are finished to suit requirements and personal taste – including choice of exterior cladding and interior decor
- They are provided on a ready-to-use ‘turnkey’ basis with all fixtures in place and utilities connected, either ready for a customer to furnish, or completely furnished to an agreed specification and ready for occupation. (We work in conjunction with healthcare providers regarding the installation of any medical or therapeutic equipment that might be required.)
- Carepods can be purchased or leased, allowing a degree of flexibility around changing care needs or the timings involved with the sale of a property
- They comply with UK Building Regulations (Part M) for wheelchair accessibility, where required
- Part of the Carepods service is to give assistance with Planning Permission, in the event of this being required
- When no-longer required, Carepods can be re-sold, returned or re-purposed – perhaps as a holiday rental, home-office or studio – adding additional scope and value to a property
Financing Your Carepod
We understand that our customers’ situations may be varied in terms of their immediate and longer-term needs, the wishes of the future residents, the extent to which savings need to be deployed or ring-fenced for the future – so flexibility is imperative.
With this in mind, there are payment and financing options for outright purchase and also leasing options. The right Carepod payment method is attainable, whatever your particular situation and whichever stage of care provision is needed, now and for the future.
If you would like to download a copy of our Carepods® Brochure, please click here.
For more information and floorplans, visit www.carepods.co.uk or email us from here.
For more information call our sales team on +44 (0) 1603 715 656
We are delighted to say that the building met and exceeded all our expectations, modular works went out of their way to accommodate our requirements and last minute changes.Joan and Phil, Norwich
Construction methods and specifications
Certain elements of our standard designs can be modified, according to individual needs – for instance, providing grab rails, wider and easier access for wheelchair-users, or adjustable-height surfaces Carepods® give you the cost and convenience benefits of a high-spec modular system, with the opportunity to get exactly the right solution for your care needs
Carepods are pre-installed with electrical and communications cabling, ducting, pipework, drainage etc for all the necessary utilities – including air-conditioning, if required Customers have a choice of shower-room sanitary-ware, kitchen units and appliances, fitted bedroom wardrobes, flooring material, overall décor style and colour finishes What starts life as a standard pod, becomes a stylish, comfortable
All of the cladding options for Carepods are chosen for their fire-retardance properties as much as their aesthetic appearance, weather protection and thermal insulation performance The external finish can blend in with surrounding buildings or contrast with them, be from a range of traditional timbers or a contemporary-styled finish – the choice is yours
Carepods are designed as a modular system of interlocking units that are pre-fabricated in a controlled environment, then transported to site for assembly This avoids the risk of on-site delays and damage from rain and frost, which can occur with traditional on-site construction The modular route is flexible, fast, cost-effective and high-quality
Carepods are built with innovative, eco-friendly materials and components – like electric underfloor heating – that deliver energy efficiency, low running costs and comfortable living Wall, floor and roof sections utilise composite Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) for rigidity, strength and thermal efficiency All external windows and doors – including panoramic bi-folds, where specified – conform
Whether your ground is heavy clay, prone to water-logging, or on a slope, we can use the best foundation option to suit – without the need for the time-consuming, deep excavation that’s required for traditional brick buildings Carepods are relatively lightweight and can very often be mounted onto galvanised steel and concrete foundations that provide